Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Bowmans are Awesome!

I don't normally post on music cause, well, this is a law school blog. But what good is it running a law school blog if you can't occasionally tell law students about awesome ways to spend their non-reading time- like listening to amazing indie artists such as the Bowmans who I came across this summer while in LA. I liked the Bowmans so much I felt compelled to blog about them.

The Bowmans consist of twins Claire and Sarah Bowman. From New York, they sing, sorta folk music, though myspace lists them as Americana/Indie/Pop. Not lame folk music, though. But stuff Fionna Apple covers when keeping her singing voice in shape for Santa Monica patrons (at the show I was at, some fan went up after the performance and told Sarah that Fionna Apple had covered them the night before at some venue in Santa Monica.) Anyhow, whatever you want to call it, it's great music and a really recommend you check em out. One of my favorite songs (if you can call it that) is entitled "Porker Song," which is actually a not-too- serious call to stop eating pork. For the record, I still eat pork, but it's a fun song nonetheless. My favorite actual song is entitled "Make it Last." It's a nice melody, presents good imagery, and is easy to listen to. Check it out.

Anyhow, it turns out The Bowmans are coming out with a new CD (well, it's in pre-sale as they're in the process of recording it). As this got me excited, I bought a presale copy ($27). It'll come signed and personalized. Fancy, indeed. Britney Spears and Coldplay certainly don't give you this type of quality. And The Bowmans make way better music. So, check out their page. And, if you like their music, I recommend you sacrifice a few bar night drinks, pony up $27, and help a few musicians live out their dreams. It'll be the best thing you do all day. And your ears, liver, and music sensibilities will thank you for it later.


Claire (left) and Sarah Bowman

No comments: